Saturday, September 4, 2010

Entertaining the world one person at a time

Today at the first U-M tailgate of the 2010 season, an old high school friend of my younger brother stopped by. After saying hi to each other, Jonny went on to say that my Facebook page is his most read page. Ben, another Facebook friend/tailgater who was standing nearby, seconded the comment and proceeded to mention my status from a few weeks ago regarding Murf and public transportation (which didn't quite work out which is why there isn't an accompanying blog entry but I did consider it for a few minutes while sans car). This isn't the first time someone has given me props in person for my status updates, posting of bad 80's video's and the accompanying comments, etc. I guess I'm funny.

Originally I started making it a point to do status updates every morning because the SIL lives for the morning ones (she has said as much). She likes to know my quirks like my weekly stops at Starbucks for a hot chocolate and the female who works there that is struggling to remember my name or being frightened at another driver at 6:10 a.m. because he was wearing a Hawaiian print shirt that early in the day. I think I might have 95 other people also coming along for the ride and even though they don't actively participate on my Facebook page, in person it has become clear that while my main objective is to entertain myself, others seem to be entertained as a by-product.

I guess I'm living up to my stated Facebook motto of entertaining the world one person at a time.

2 comments:

sage said...

Is that why you fell asleep at the beauty saloon (now that's a Freudian slip!), I mean salon?

Murf said...

I think you're getting all your women mixed up, Sage. Again. ;-)