
- Since I don't have a record player anymore, I've used the first ever record I ever purchased (which came along with a poster of him that was the first ever poster I ever hung in my bedroom). That ol' Raggedy Ann record player got quite the workout before I took over my brother's much "cooler" record player.
- The Sony Cassette Walkman with AM/FM. I still actually use this on occasion despite the ribbing I get from Big A for doing so. Still inside the tape player: a mixed tape from back in the day.
- The Sony CD Walkman. I don't really remember using this a lot. It seemed rather big and bulky. I should've been working at Apple during this time because they must've been thinking the same thing.
- A faux Walkman with a remote control. As you can see, this was never used.
- The 1st Generation iPod from back in the day when owning an iPod meant something - it meant you were cool and hip and had a Mac since it wasn't yet Windows compatible. Oh those were the days. Not long ago I accidentally left this charging in my cubicle at work overnight. The next morning, it was still there. Being Mac-only is also a security feature!
- The 4th Generation iPod Shuffle. This is my newest acquisition since my 1st Generation iPod is a) embarrassingly large at the gym where everyone is wearing their new tiny iPods strapped around their biceps and b) dying a slow death (I currently can't update it anymore. *sigh*).
Missing from photo but definitely not forgotten: My 2 cassette deck Panasonic stereo with detachable speakers. I miss the days of taping songs off the radio and silently cursing the DJ's as they talked over the beginning or my foray into mixed tapes. Speaking of mixed tapes, this is a great book that really captures the appeal of making mixed tapes. Unlike him, I didn't save mine though (other than the one that remains in the Sony Walkman with cassette player).
5 comments:
Off topic: You should add this to your outdoor library, in addition to the book you recommended at my place. At Amazon, you can get both for a total of $17.83!
Cheers.
Off topic again: Regarding your question at my place: you really do need to get out more. Where to you think all those little campers come from?
:)
Let's see--there was the nine volt transistor radio... before that, there was that radio I built with a coil and a crystal :)
BUT THERE WAS NEVER A SHAWN CASSIDY...
I also had the first four (five if you include the non-pictured boombox with detachable speakers). I also have an ipod that I found lying along the road (fell off someone's bicep I guess) and never claimed. But I've never used it. I just don't walk around with ear buds anymore. I just listen to the ever present sounds around me. I'm more inclined to listen to music at work while I'm cranking out some hot new design on my computer.
Ed - I mainly use the ear buds at the gym (I don't need to hear the person next to me on the treadmill sound like a late night phone caller I use to have back in high school...but that's for another blog entry).
I bet that lost iPod didn't have crappy John Prine songs downloaded onto it. ;-) What songs were on it?
Post a Comment