Thursday, January 7, 2010

Getting Physical - Part II: In Private

Hello. My name is Murf and I have a problem. I watch QVC...and have ordered from there. To my credit, I have only ordered two things off of it and neither items were the sparkly, tunic length v-neck cardigans that can be found on there. One of the items I purchased for myself and told Big A when it arrived that it was a Christmas gift from him to me even though I knew what it was but he didn't - Stephanie Huckabee's (no relation to Mike, I don't think) PowerFit Total Body 5 DVD Workout. One can get fit by doing one 20 minute DVD every day (supposedly). The plan was to do this on my non-gym days and it was only $20.

That non-gym day happened to be yesterday and while the gym made my muscles sore, this DVD did quite a workout with my ego. Maybe I shouldn't have done 2 DVDs (cardio and legs/shoulders) on the same day or maybe I just am that uncoordinated. The cardio part was quite a workout and it was a little hard to follow her instructions because some of the moves I had never heard of before and the fact that she called her right arms and legs 'left' (for the viewer's benefit, I'm guessing). Big A happened to be in the room..or rather, I was doing this in the 'man cave' so he was there...and caught some of this before referring to me as the SNL character Mary Katherine Gallagher and then moving to the computer where he had the "pleasure" of watching this fiasco that was me trying to follow the DVD only peripherally.

Despite that, I stumbled on and did the legs and shoulders DVD. Towards the end when I was doing the oblique crunches with her, I'm pretty sure my uterus moved...or maybe it was just a muscle spasm from them wondering what in the sam hill I'm doing. I was thinking the same thing.

Here is a preview of the DVDs courtesy of YouTube. Pay attention to what she's doing at about the 1:06 mark and picture me stumbling through it rather than 'rock stepping'.



It's at times like this where I am glad Big A doesn't have a video camera.

8 comments:

sage said...

Big A needs a video camera! :-)

Ed said...

Second Sage's comment.

Murf said...

I don't know why I hang out with you two. ;-)

TC said...

This is why I can't do workout videos.

Murf said...

TC - I'm thinking about inviting some girls over and having a 'Workout DVD Night'. Wanna come?

TC said...

Do you promise there will be no video cameras around? I refuse to be on YouTube for something like that.

Bone said...

Yeah, that was sort of how I was on my Pilates VHS tape. Fortunately, they had a "slow girl" who was only doing like half as much as the (hot) lead girl for "beginners" (like me) to follow.

Kinda felt like I did that time I tried to learn to do the Electric Slide. Except there was no "slow girl" there.

sage said...

I think Bone is trying to kiss up and get invited into this "girl's exercise night." Ed, wanta go in on a video camera for Big A? Think we can get a cheap one off ebay?