Thursday, March 11, 2010

How To Make A Mechanics Head Hurt

Murf calls Speedy Auto Service to make the second appointment in as many weeks for the Vue. Herb answers the phone.


Herb: Speedy Auto Service.

Murf: Hi. I’d like to make an appointment to bring in my car which is making a squeaking sound while driving.

Herb: What is your last name?

Murf tells Herb her last name.

Herb: Saturn Vue?

Murf: Yup. Yesterday with the window rolled down, I noticed a squeaking on the driver’s side, possibly around the wheel. This is why I keep the windows rolled up and the radio on.

Herb makes groaning noises.

Herb: This is what my wife does too.

6 comments:

Ed said...

Since that species of car is now extinct, you should take care of it. It might be worth something someday.

Murf said...

Ed - That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. If nothing else, in 10 years time I can enter it into orphan car shows right next to the Citroens and VW vans. :-)

Anonymous said...

Of course, there's wisdom in the approach, that "if I don't hear it, it isn't there." Call it, the "Homer Simpson" philosophy of life.

Cheers.

sage said...

Herb's wife thanks you for the nice dinner she enjoyed with the profits from some Saturn Vue that her husband worked on...

Bone said...

That kinda reminds me of the time on Seinfeld when Kramer's like, "You know, I used to have fleas."

Jerry asks, "What did you do about them?"

And Kramer replies, "What do you mean?"

Murf said...

Sage - I don't think she did. I ended up canceling it because the noise disappeared. :-)

Bone - Aahhh...Kramer.