Initially when the living room was painted, I was working on it with my cousin who did a lot of interior painting in the myriad of careers that she's had so there wasn't a lot of taping done. Since I'm not the most patient of people, I knew taping at least along the ceiling would be necessary.
After breaking out the 6 foot wooden A-frame ladder, I began my ascent up to a very scary height of the second rung from the bottom (maybe a foot off of the floor?) and began taping. The focus and the fear combined for one very sweaty Murf. I had to just suck it up and keep going until I was finally all done, nearly dehydrated from the sweating and because I seem to not be able to close my mouth when concentrating (a sad fact that I never knew about myself).
Once I rehydrated, I thought I would just start the "cutting in" process with the angled paintbrush along the top, edges, around electrical outlets, etc. Back up this ladder I go but this time around, due to not having to concentrate as much as with the tape, it went much quicker and with a little bit less fear even with a little dish of paint sitting on the little flat part of the ladder that folds out which could easily have fallen off and made quite the mess on the uncovered floor...but who thinks of things like that?
If you are wondering what the dog was doing during all of this, here's a shot I captured in between coats:
Oh to be a dog. Most of the time though, he spent in the bedroom, in his bed. I'm not sure if it was all the 'weirdness' of his couch being gone and having his Plan B seating arrangement (the green chair) now be the only option or if it was the paint smell. Sidenote: This low VOC thing might be environmentally better but dang it, I miss a good ol' paint smell which this didn't really offer. *sigh* And if you are wondering where Big A is, he was working the midnight shift so he too was in bed, fast asleep. This was about a 98% completely Murf endeavor (although Big A did help to hand me tape a couple of times).
The first real day of makeover comes to an end ahead of my internal schedule and I'm anxious to get to the next day: wall application!
Funny footnote: I posted the above picture on Facebook and a friend said she liked the color of the new paint. She was looking at the old yellow. I really should start IQ testing prospective Facebook friend applicants.


2 comments:
Your dog looks either worried or stoned (or maybe both, but with the environmentally friendly paint, I'm wondering)
He was discombobulated throught this whole update although I've been worried about him lately. There isn't something tangible that I can take him to the vet for but his age just keeps getting more and more apparent. :-(
Post a Comment