Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Four years ago today....

...I had the best hair day I think I ever had.
...It was the day after I won $700 bucks in the land of legal prostitution.
...This was my third trip to an 'all you can eat' buffet in a hotel that resembled a castle.
...I was entertained by people impersonating famous people and watching someone's date at our table get plastered which finally made her talk.
...Elvis/Kurt Russell impersonator sang to me.
...I finally was involved in an activity that made it onto the Internet and in which I wanted everyone to see.
...I got Big A to wear something that matched what I was wearing.
...I had a relatively cheap, stress-free and incredibly fun wedding in which 20 of our friends and family were able to make it out for.


These past four years have flown by. Next year, I think I want to celebrate by going back out to Las Vegas. I'm feeling the cross-country pull of a Wheel of Fortune $.25 slot machine.

9 comments:

Ed said...

Well if your four years are here, mine are just around the corner. I better get cracking on my plans. Nothing pisses off a wife more than a husband who doesn't celebrate a wedding anniversary.

Murf said...

That's what friends are for. Isn't yours next month?

sage said...

Happy anniversary. I wish I'd been able to wear flip flops to my wedding (but snow boots was a second best as it was in a blizzard with the area having received five feet of snow in the past four days)

sage said...

Did you get Big A one of them there 'Stiller' hats for his anniversary present?

Murf said...

Sage - I had a few things that Big A wouldn't bend on and one was flip flops. Thankfully the Viva Las Vegas wedding chapel had the Blue Hawaii wedding package.

Um...Big A reads this so I cannot answer your question at this current time. Stay tuned. :-) But he did get a grill pan for the grill (obviously). I guess it's used for grilling veggies or any item small enough to fall through the rack of the GAS grill. There is already plans for Italian sausage with grilled green peppers and onions in the near future. I'm not sure what I will be eating that night though.

I was sneaky and gave him this last night. That leaves him until tonight to get something for me. Nice ploy, eh?

Shan! said...

Congrats!!

Ed said...

May 15th is ours. I'm thinking my wife might appreciate a "stiller" hat especially next winter. Do they make them in Filipina sizes instead of American sizes?

Snakeeater said...

Happy anniversary, oh Silent One.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Great photo, too.