A few weeks ago, the department secretary came up to me to ask if I would be back up floor coordinator. In her absence, all I would have to do is during fire drills, close office doors in our little area of the floor and take a headcount outside. I pondered for a bit. It seems easy but I know that in the case of a real fire, I will not care if office doors are open and in fact, I'm pretty sure that I would push people down on my way out (a la George Costanza in the video clip below). If they still wanted me knowing that, then sure, I would do it.
Yesterday I received an email from the organizer of the 6th floor coordinators with an updated list of who is responsible for whom and also what rooms need to be checked such as conference rooms and bathrooms. While just glancing over my section, I noticed something interesting at the bottom...I am in charge of the one seater handicapped bathroom and best of all...THE MENS RESTROOM!
For the rest of the day, I've been chuckling at the idea of going into that strange and wonderous land about which games about etiquette when using it are developed and where reading material is desired. I've been thinking of ways to enter...do I go in dainty and be all sweet and bashful and "Excuse me but the alarm is going off" or do I just bum rush right in, bang on the stall door and say "Just cut it off buddy and let's go. It's a fire drill!"?
I think I need to do some trial runs before the next fire drill.
7 comments:
Fire Marshall Murf, lol!
Is this for real Murph??
Sage - YOU watched In Living Color?!?
Sotamies - I don't joke around when it comes to men's restrooms and being a floor coordinator. :-)
I think if you do venture into forbidden territory, you should take a copy of Bone's restroom ettiquette and post it in there. Actually, I think most women's restrooms could benefit from a slightly-edited version of those as well.
I anticipate many wonderful posts that shall come out of these new duties.
I'm sorry but if I am in mid movement, it is going to have to take it's natural course whether or not there is a fire. If it was a drill, I certainly wouldn't hurry nature. There are worse things that could happen from rushing like a brain aneurysm
Ah, two of my favorite topics, Seinfeld and men's restrooms! I agree with Ed. Stopping mid-stream is uber-painful (I imagine). That's why I always worry about having my wallet stolen when I'm at the urinal. It's the perfect time.
My favorite part of the episode is when George is asking the Eric the Clown if he's heard of Bozo. And Eric tells him, "You're living in the past. You're hung up on some clown from the sixties, man."
I like to stop at the duty-free shop.
I like to stop at the duty-free shop.
Post a Comment