Friday, November 13, 2009

How Murf will spend her lottery winnings

Every major expressway into a state gets something like this:


This makes even Indiana exciting to be in. Just think what it would do for states like Iowa.


Photo above is I- 80/94 (Borman Expressway).

9 comments:

Bone said...

Wow, that is exciting.

I think for me, it would make every state feel like I was arriving at Walley World. Of course, that euphoria would soon dissipate, as euphoria is wont to do.

Ed said...

Been there done that

Hannu said...

What would you put on your sign, aside from Entering Michigan or Welcome to Michigan?

I kind of like signs with a message.

Welcome to _ _ _ _ _ _. If you can't do the time. Don't do the crime.

Welcome to Nevada. Where a man can still smoke a cigar while playing poker.

Murf said...

Bone - True but that momen of euphoria is still great!

Ed - Not quite. A lot of those signs where the type that I mentioned in the previous entry about being easy to miss. I'm talking something elaborate and over the expressway like this one.

Sage - Tough one. Initially I was going to say something about using your hand to show people where you live but that's used in all those "You know you are from Michigan when..." jokes. I'll have to ponder more on that.

sage said...

Just make sure you make the sign on this end of the state green... and make it pretty too, cause when I hit the pothole an bust a tire, I don't want to be looking at any ugly sign

What will Sage (btw, that wasn't me above) do with his lottery winnings... fix potholes! of course, I'd have to play to win.

Murf said...

Oh yeah...it wasn't. I get all older men confused. :-)

TC said...

I don't mind Indiana or Iowa so much. It's that other "I" state - Illinois - that I detest driving through.

I'm in favor of your plan though. It makes snapping photos so much easier :)

Anonymous said...

Bet you were glad I didn't have your phone number during the game, huh?


TC

Murf said...

Yeah. The trash talking I did must've cursed them...or the fact that they keep forgetting that a game is 60 minutes, not 30.