While looking for an older post of mine, I came across this one: Things I Want To Do in 2009. For a hoot, I thought it would fun (or possibly sad and pathetic) to see if I met any of these things from 4 years ago. The present day update will be listed below in red (Sorry Ed. I hope you and the other colerblinded folks in the crowd can figure it out).
1. Become skinny. No comment.
2. Find my triceps. I'm pretty sure that I was born without them. But somehow, perhaps the lack of seeing them is connected with #1. Hmmm....
3. Try not to pick on Sage. I think the lack of blogging helps. I can't really bust his chops on Facebook with all of his peeps there who don't know our lovely blogging history. Oh if only I could post the Sage Timeline of Women or the autobiography covers that I mocked up for him to his real friends and family. *sigh*
4. Visit Shan. He's no longer blogging but we are Facebook friends and no, I have yet to make it to Indianapolis to see him. I want to though. Maybe this spring/summer.
5. Visit Ed. Also on my much wanted to do list but alas, further than Indianapolis. It's still on my bucket list.
6. Become a legitimate Technical Writer and get paid for it. Oh good grief. Now I'm really regretting doing this. Add this to my ever increasing list of things that still haven't happened 4 years later. I miss 2009 Murf with all of her boundless amounts of hope. *sigh*
7. Ride on a train to somewhere and actually enjoy it (a.k.a. Agawa Canyon Redemption). The hell that is the Agawa Canyon tour really did a number of me. I can't say other than maybe an Amtrak trip to Chicago or a Via Rail trip to Toronto does a train ride interest me. Big A and I have talked about doing either of those. Maybe we should make a date and do it. At least Chicago is a bit quicker (assuming the train doesn't break down in BFE which is also known as SW Michigan).
8. To let Big A drive and not be a passenger seat driver even if he is about to make a mistake and go in the wrong direction. Do I get points for trying to bite my tongue?
9. To make more things from all the cookbooks I have. Finally, something I can say yes to...sorta. I haven't really touched the cookbooks but I have been doing more from the magazines I subscribe too.
10. To actually make it through Vegan Days (currently scheduled for Mondays and Thursdays starting January 5th). Vegan Days are so over. Meatless Mondays remain, however. Normally we (yes, I drag Big A through it too) do well but sometimes as dinner nears, a bit fat hamburger sounds great. I did discover that I can't be a vegan. I love eggs and cow milk too much. Although when I see vegans, they tend to be rather pale. I think they need a big fat piece of cheese.
11. To not give others the power to ruin my day. Kudos to 2009 Murf for this one. I still need to work on this.
12. To continue coming across great books and music. It is always fun to discover these things. I can't say that I've come across any books that I can say that I love (not even the Fifty Shades of Gray trilogy) and music, I tend to still go back to the stuff I have always loved. My current fetish: Kenny Rogers' Greatest Hits CD that I just purchased last weekend. Good stuff!
13. To get High Def TV back before next NFL season (this is in conjunction with #6). Funny thing about unemployment, it really does put things into perspective. I never want to have a $150+ cable bill ever again which means I will never have HDTV back. It's nice and sometimes during football, we will reminisce about our short stint with it but overall, I'll stick with the regular stuff...unless I win the lottery. Then I might blow it on HDTV.
14. To walk Hooch more. This always seems to be on my list. However, seeing as that it's winter, it really does put a crimp in the walking. I can't wait for warmer temps and dryer ground so we can walk and sit in the park to let him rest again.
15. To file or shred documents in a more timely manner. Umm...no luck here either. I'm starting to think this whole post is a prime example of Woody Allen's quote that if you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans. I'm also reminded why I don't look at my 'where do you see yourself' book from my senior year in high school. Married at 25 and being a teacher?!? What was I thinking.
Final verdict on where I hoped to be in 2009 vs where I am in 2013: Not sad and pathetic. Just life.
9 comments:
Note to self; take everything Murf says she is going to do with a grain of salt. ;)
I remember 2009 Murf :)
This post is EXACTLY why I don't make new years' resolutions...
Ed - I am a Gemini so that is a wise choice. ;-)
TC - Nor answer that dreaded job interview question "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?".
So no 2013 list?
I think "Defeat Bone at Country Classics in SongPop" should be on there. Then in 2017, you can look back and... well, I think we know how that's gonna go.
:)
Just kidding. You're a worthy foe. In all the other categories.
Bone - Why do you think I'm listening to Kenny Rogers? I'm starting to study up. Next: Listening to Sunday's Classic Country mornings on the local country radio station. ;-)
Well crap! I guess I'll have to spring "Folk hits of the 1940's" on you next.
I bet the all time highest score for that genre is 79. :-)
I'm now spending the morning debating if Murf should be deleted from his facebook friends...
I find comfort in just knowing that you know that I know that you know about the timeline and book covers. ;-)
Post a Comment