You walk into someone's office/cubicle to put something in their In Box. You notice that they have a card standing up next to it. Do you stop to read it assuming that it's not private because it's on display or do you not?
I'm not really into cards and their canned messages so I wouldn't read it however, if it is at work on their desk in plain sight, it is fair game to those interested in reading it.
Like Ed, I really don't care what the card says, but if it's in plain sight, they have put it on display. If it were something dark and secret, it wouldn't be standing up on their desk.
7 comments:
I'm not really into cards and their canned messages so I wouldn't read it however, if it is at work on their desk in plain sight, it is fair game to those interested in reading it.
So what did it say?
Like Ed, I really don't care what the card says, but if it's in plain sight, they have put it on display. If it were something dark and secret, it wouldn't be standing up on their desk.
I wouldn't read it.
Well I would, but I'd do it making sure they didn't see me ;)
I'd consider it private.
It was just thanking her for all the extra help that this person had given the flower and card sender...and I read it when no one was around. :-)
and now your posted its contents on the WWW! so much for no privacy! lol
No! I no touchee peoples desk stuff! :P
If it's standing up on display, I'd probably be tempted to read it; but probably only if nobody was around. ;)
Post a Comment