No surprise, the "official" reunion is a bust since they didn't get enough money from the few ticket sales for the hotel's banquet room, questionably bad food that came along with it, etc. As an added bonus, when Monica, the self-appointed organizer on the "official" committee who wanted the fancier reunion posted on the message board about stepping down 5 days from the due date AND hinted at throwing out the race card, I knew it wouldn't just end with a 'the Saturday reunion has been cancelled' message. Oh no. Once the due date came and went, the committee announced that ALL the scheduled events were cancelled (not true...the "unofficial" casual one on Friday, which is being planned by her nemesis Stephanie, is still going on as planned) and then she laid down the Uno's Draw Four of race cards:
Now since our reunion banquet is canceled, it is time to speak and tell who is the source of the VILE statement that I heard from a reliable source.
First, it is ashame that this person could not post her true feelings and thoughts about who should and should not attend her event, prior too promoting on her Facebook status page this evening. Mind you, this was BEFORE THE WEEKEND REUNION EVENTS were canceled. Her INITIAL INTENTION was to have people of a certain "lightness" attend her event.
I guess she assumed that I would stay silent and/or mum on her name....but if she thought this after a direct attempt of separating of 25-30% of the class from one of OUR former Reunion Weekend Events....she was wrong indeed.
Stephanie, you are the source of this statement I heard. I wonder did you think that for some reason, this statement would not get back to the "dark" people, I assume, you wanted to keep out of your event.
Personally, this proud to be "dark" person would not take the time out of my normal schedule to attend a "party" that was not meant to be open to many other members of my class. Now since the source of the vile statement known, I hope others will re-think about attending the event also.
Monica
A reliable source? I need something more than that before I believe something like this. Granted, I don't know Stephanie well but I do know Monica and I need more proof than just her stating it came from a "reliable source". She's thrown this race card before back during the short time she worked near me. I think that she's just ticked about her plans for the reunion falling apart rather than looking at her behavior and how it could have turned anyone that's sane off from wanting to go to it.
5 comments:
This is kind of like the whole deal with Sarah Palin... except a lot more interesting.
I hoped that you saved all this stuff so you can print it out and mail it in scrapbook form to Monica in say ten or twenty years, perhaps just give it to her at the 40th reunion.
Just to rub it in, my class only has to reserve a table with seating for eight at our reunion. No entire banquet room for us!
I'm gonna be kinda sad when this is all over. It's good entertainment.
I want to go to Ed's reunion--it could be held at a booth at the back of the diner!
I'm wondering what will at our next reunion with 1/7 of the class on facebook (we have 100 on facebook at last look)... But then, I didn't go to my last two reunions.
Maybe we should do a book of reunion stories from across the country--would it be in the horror genre?
Wow.
I'm beginning to think there should be a reality show based on people planning class reunions. Starting with this one, of course.
Post a Comment