Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Oh how I wish I was young and idealistic
In my class today, this slightly quirky classmate that I had in last night's class as well came strolling in. We made a bit of small talk and then she asked me if I've voted yet. I had forgotten what day it was but this isn't something I vote in anyway so since I had a feeling where this was going, instead of replying with a no, I just replied, "Not yet". She is just shy of turning 18 (does the dread after realizing someone is half your age ever end?) and the clerk's office had accepted her early voter registration but when she went in to vote, they turned her away. She was so ticked off at that. She was really looking forward to voting for Ron Paul. Now I feel kind of bad for not having planned on voting. Perhaps I will drop by only to vote for "uncommitted" in hopes of "uncommitted" beating Hillary Clinton. That would be highly entertaining.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Once again it appears your hopes have been dashed. On to Nevada and South Carolina.
that's because those of us who are democrats and independents, who voted which weren't many of us, voted in the Republican primary. I came home and took a shower afterwards.
Semi-dashed, Ed. The mitten state did vote for Mit.
Sage - I hope showering was enough. If I were you, I may look into becoming Catholic for a day and going to confession.
I could say something about getting an enema because of the screwing you democrat Michiganders got but I won't. ;)
Ed, I ain't a Michigander, I just took a wrong turn off the Indiana turnpike
Post a Comment