Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Facebook Statuses I Wish I Could Leave....

...But Can't Because I'm Facebook Friends With The People They Are About


Murf....
  • 's Facebook page is HER Facebook page, hence the need to use a photo of HERSELF rather than a baby, spouse or random other pictures.
  • wonders if she is the only one that thinks a mother doing keg stands is a bit tacky.
  • is sick of the "I love my daughter more than sliced bread. If you love your daughter more than sliced bread, copy and paste this as your status" status.
  • is pretty sure that if your statuses are constantly proclaiming the deep love you have for your spouse, something is amiss.
  • must be a fuddy duddy because she's curious at the decision of someone to go to Florida for the second time in 3 months instead of fixing the reason why the rain was coming in through a ceiling light fixture.
  • is pretty sure she will do a thorough cleansing of her Facebook friends once she leaves this job because most coworkers she will never see again. Until then, you're staying on only so I don't have to deal with the daily "Why aren't we Facebook friends?"
  • wants to remind her aunt that she can read her Facebook wall and those of a mutual friend and a sister-in-law so I know about the all girls trip. Where's my invite?

8 comments:

TC said...

's Facebook page is HER Facebook page, hence the need to use a photo of HERSELF rather than a baby, spouse or random other pictures.

Oh man, that's a HUGE pet peeve of mine. I don't want to see you with your spouse/boyfriend/adorable child. You can put those photos in an album, but your profile pic should be YOU.

Murf said...

I agree! My biggest peeve are the ones that post pictures of their kid(s) as their profile picture. Lame!

sage said...

And then there are those facebook friends who alter photos to show themselves on movie sets and with young men (or should that be boys?). Now I am duckin' and runnin'

Murf said...

Sage - That is just flat out creative. I love anyone that can do that. They must have a great sense of humor. :-)

Anonymous said...

I don't do Facebook, but if I did, my status would simply be "chronically confused and morally bankrupt."

Cheers.

Ed said...

Seven good reasons why I don't have a Facebook page. I gave up those type of mental games back in high school. Now I just don't give a crap of what people think of me or if they even think about me. It's kind of liberating.

Murf said...

Ed - That is very obvious when you are picking up fish food from the ground. :-)

Bone said...

Ooo, I second number four! That definitely happens.

And I assume you know about lamebook.com.

One of my recent faves:
"How do you make a backwards b"
"d"
"Yeah how did u do that?"
"The keyboard."