Saturday, July 10, 2010

Photo of the Day

My Saturday morning breakfast courtesy of the greatest little cafe in town:



Behold...peanut butter banana french toast with a peanut butter caramel sauce, a sprinkling of oatmeal and powdered sugar and, for an additional fruit, a side of pineapple. A glass of milk is a must with this semimonthly breakfast special.

6 comments:

Sotamies said...

Isn't the fork a wonderful tool. Otherwise you would need "big thumbs" to eat that thing.

Murf said...

I will add 'eating peanut butter banana french toast' on the list of things us small thumbed people have trouble doing. It will be right behind hitchhiking.

Ed said...

YUCK! Putting peanut butter on anything but bread with a little jelly is a complete waste of food in my opinion.

Anonymous said...

That's not French Toast; that's a French Loaf. Good grief, that's huge.

As for bananas, I'm not a big fan. I'll eat one raw (slightly green) once and awhile, but cooked in pancakes and such, no thanks. Also, I second Ed's opinion regarding peanut butter, although I do use it in some stir fry recipes I make.

Cheers.

Murf said...

Ed - But it is on bread - banana bread and you've never had PB and Banana sandwich?!? You're missing out.

R. - It is huge. I took half home and reheated it later for lunch (with a fresh cold glass of milk again). Mmm...banana pancakes...

TC said...

That looks freaking awesome.