Thursday, March 20, 2008

Question of the Day/Prologue to a Blog Entry

What is your definition of 'friend'?

10 comments:

Ed said...

I don't know because other than my wife, I don't have any.

sage said...

Why do I have some trepidation about answering this question?

There can also be degrees of friends, I've had close "best friends" but not recently even though I have many casual friends.

Murf said...

Ed - Judging from your farting story, that may be wise.

Sage - What makes one a 'best friend' versus just a casual friend?

sage said...

I don't know--seems most of my best friends die--with a causal friends there is generally only one or two interests that connect, best friends tend to share more their life with each other

Murf said...

Interesting point about the sharing. Does one share unprovoked or is the sharing done through the other person asking questions?

Murf said...

Or both?

Ed said...

I guess by Sage's definition, I have a lot of casual friends. I would consider best friends sharing both unprovoked and answering questions asked of them.

sage said...

ditto Ed's comments above!

Anonymous said...

Friends are people with whom you can be yourself and still be liked.

Shan! said...

"Murf"