For most of my 36 years of this current life, I've lived with people so I'd like to think that I'm not really set in my ways when it comes to things such as coaster usage under glasses. Our tables are from Target so it's not like setting a wet glass directly on to it is going to ruin a priceless antique but I like to use them as part of the overall cuteness factor of the living room. On May 1st, Big A and I will have lived together for 5 years. As you can see below from the recently taken pictures, he comes ohsoveryclose but has yet to get it right on (and I did not maneuver the cup for this photo opportunity. I knew that if I just waited long enough, this would present itself again).

In fact, of the two that are on the small table, he hits neither:

I'm thinking perhaps the problem is due to the coasters being too cute. Maybe I should bring home the ones you get from Olive Garden instead.
6 comments:
I see you use the fine china when drinking.
I don't worry about coasters for the guests because it is only occasional and they wipe off. However, where there is repeated use from the wife and I, we generally use coasters.
It may not be china but it is the good plastic from the Martha Stewart collection.
Well I must defend myself: I was so shocked at the exquisite detail of the coasters that I feard if I defiled them in anyway with placing a Martha Stew-Pukert plastic cup on them that we would get six more weeks of winter LOLOLOL :)~ .
Oh, the coaster fight! We have it too. I tend to prefer to use magazines, especially women magazines that seem to accumluate on our end tables, but are never read until they've been soaked by my glasses... We do have some nice green and white MSU coasters in a fancy wooded box holder that i'll make sure are brought out if you and Big A ever stop by.
That'll make Big A happy but I would question your treatment of guests. :-)
I never knew about coasters until very recently. Mostly, I like Sage's idea of using magazines. :)
Post a Comment