I'm not sure if my audience knows this but what the hay....
Network television seems to think that saying 'bitch' is more acceptable than 'shit' judging from what it chooses to bleep out. Why is that? Of the two, I would think the former would be the worse of the two options.
5 comments:
What the hay or what the hey? Although I'm guilty of saying the latter, I suddenly realized that it is a most curious expression.
I must watch different shows or don't stay up late enough. I haven't seen either used without bleeping.
I wondered the same thing. I went for the straw-like substance...which now leads me to wonder...what is the difference between straw and hay?
I normally say, "what the heck?" I wouldn't want to offend any hay farmers...
Straw is wheat or oat stems. Hay is alfalfa or clover.
Suddenly I was reminded of the kid rhyme that you respond to when someone says "hey" to you. We would say, "Straw is cheaper, grass is for free, horses and cows eat all three."
I knew you would know, Farm Boy. I never heard of the last part. The city folk usually stop at 'grass is free', I guess.
Post a Comment