Even from miles above earth, his green grass still stands out. I'm trying to decide when this picture was taken by looking at how our cars (I'm the partially hidden house on the left) are parked and I would have to say that it must have been earlier today. Also, you can see their ever shrinking garden. Back in its hey day, there was plenty of yelling from him to his two boys to get out there and weed/prune/hoe...whatever it takes to grow a garden. Now, he's doing most of the work and most of it was consumed by sunflowers. Another point of interest: notice how straight the edging is around the tree in the front yard and the top of the garden. A few years ago when the city redid the street, he got the measurements of how much they would be digging up of his front yard and did it himself and put the grass that he carefully dug up in his garden and reused some of it later when they were done with the street. I had fun watching him from the window getting down on all fours and measuring everything and using a level. Coming up: Now that the snow has currently melted, I will sneak a picture of the one tree left in his backyard that he's trying to kill to share with you how he's doing it. Ingenious or insane? You be the judge.
5 comments:
Peeping on your neighbors from space?
Isn't technology great, Sage?! It still doesn't beat peeping through the lace of the curtains though.
I think it is google that has street view so you can see in the front windows from the comfort of your home.
The first thing I noticed when I saw that picture was a lack of trees. I couldn't live like that.
For some reason, we don't have Google street view capabilities...nor do you. ;-)
He has one in the front too that use to be beautiful until the utility came through and hacked it off. It looks like he is now in the process of removing that as well. I can't imagine not having at least one tree.
I'm shocked he has a tree. Doesn't look like someone who wants leaves to rake with all the other trees in the neighborhood. Pretty cool view though.
Post a Comment