The number of miles from the front door to Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario and back again: 700.6
The number of kilometers from the train depot to Agawa canyon and back: 228
The number of hours it took to get to the Agawa canyon: 4.25
The amount of time allowed to explore before the train left: 1.5 hours
The number of hours it took to get from the Agawa canyon back to the depot: 4.25 hours
The number of items we brought on board to entertain ourselves en route: 0
The amount of snacks and beverages we brought on board (which was allowed): 0
The amount of time it took before we got sick of trees: 1.5 hours (at least for me)
The number of times we visited the train's bathroom: 0
The number of times we visited the Agawa Canyon Park's bathroom which contained a unique 'department store quality' toilet: 3
The number of miles explored during the break: 0
The number of times Big A lied about the time when I asked what time it was while heading back: 3
The number of wildlife spotted over 10 hours: 2
The number of wildlife that was spotted that can be found also at home: 2 (a garter snake and a bumblebee)
The number of catnaps taken on the hellishly long train ride back: 3
The number of times we would recommend this trip to friends: 0
The number of times we would recommend this trip to people we don't like: Infinite
6 comments:
So if you explored 0 miles in 1.5 hours that you had, what the heck did you do?
Had lunch in the dining car. The Days Inn's Continental Breakfast that morning was very lacking so by this point in the day and with not having brought any snacks, we were starved. On a bright note, they did serve a very good meatball sub.
That's a long way to travel for a meatball sub.
Wow, Canada survived us both! Did you have to do like me and bribe the custom officer to get back into the "States"? (I'd forgotten that I had stashed a credit card and some cash into my passport so I wouldn't have to carry a wallet, then a week later handed the passport to the officer and he looks in it [like Canada was going to stamp it!] and two $50s fall out!)
Sage - I've never thought of that. I wished Canada would stamp it. It would make our passports look like we go to more places.
I wonder if they would have stamped it for three $50s?
Post a Comment