Friday, November 14, 2008

Murf smells something fishy and other lunchtime ruminations

* Gas prices for credit card users are now under $2 in my neighborhood ($1.94 to be exact with the cash price being $1.84. The cash price has been under $2 for about a week now). Something not right is going on. OPEC loves to make money so why aren't they slashing the production levels as they have done in the past?

* The annual office Christmas...I mean, Holiday party will be coming up soon and as it has happened over the past few years, there is a "fun" activity for anyone interested. The one and only time I did it, we were able to decorate our work area. Here are scenes from that:




This year, it's gingerbread house decorating. Since I am the more creative one of the non-accountants in our area, everyone is clamoring for me to be on their team but after that first year when we won 1st place, I've retired. In case you are wondering, that "roaring fire" in the fireplace is a screensaver. We borrowed a computer no one was using and built the fireplace around it. After that, the organizers changed the rules.

* On Fridays, usually people in the area go out for lunch. Today's choices were quite interesting: a church fundraising lunch or a restaurant called Temptations. A little something for the goody two shoes and the heathens. What did I choose? Neither. I guess that would be called Lunch Pergatory.

5 comments:

Ed said...

OPEC has cut production. Where have you been?

Murf said...

I know but in the past when they would do that, prices would jump up. Where are the higher prices?

Ed said...

One of the biggest consumers of oil, the manufacturing industry which makes everything from diapers to plastic out of that black gold, is being hurt by a now global recession. Everyone is just cutting back on their consumption of oil in so many ways, that even with the cuts by OPEC, the price is dropping. Enjoy it because as soon as we pull out of this little global recession thing, it will go higher than it ever was before.

Ed said...

P.S. I slept at a Holiday Inn last night.

Murf said...

You finally got kicked out?! Geez, I would have wagered Mrs. A would have done that long before now. :-)