Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A bit of randomness for no reason

Favorite song: Every Breath You Take by The Police. Must be the stalker in me.

Not so favorite song: Anything by Rush

Favorite song that probably very few people know/remember: I'll Get By by Eddie Money or What Does It Take by Honeymoon Suite, a great Canadian band. Not as great as Glass Tiger but close. Yes I'm stuck in the 80's (and in Canada since at least 3 of the groups I've mentioned are Canadian) but it's a great place.


Favorite word: McLachlan (as in Sarah. I like how the tongue moves all around as you say it. If I were younger and wiser at the time, I would have been a speech pathologist.)

Not so favorite word(s): Tits or any of the plural forms of that word. Makes me cringe. HATE IT.


Favorite book (currently): Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides. Very unique fictional story with a touch of non-fiction history.

Not so favorite book: J-Pod by Douglas Coupland. Love Douglas Coupland as an author just not this book.


Favorite movie: The Matchmaker. Janene Garafalo and men with Irish accents. Who would have thought this would be a great combo?

Not so favorite movie (currently): Into the Wild. Don't even get me started...


Favorite CD: Too many to name. I'd have to grab them all in case of a fire.

Not so favorite CD: Any that I bought when country was really popular in the 90's when everyone got a record deal but have since disappeared like David Ball. Oh if I could only have all that money back now that I spent on those CDs but with the creation of iTunes, they now live on in my homemade 'Great Songs from Bad CDs' playlists.

Most embarrassing CD: Not applicable but probably should be. I love my bad music and I don't hide it.

10 comments:

TC said...

they now live on in my homemade 'Great Songs from Bad CDs' playlists.

Oh man, I love that playlist title!!!! Well done! :)

My musical taste is still stuck in the 80s too. I'm fine with that.

Ed said...

My favorite phrase because of the way my tongue moves is a line from the song, "Werewolves of London" by Warren Zevon. It goes something like, "Little old lady got mutilated late last night" It just doesn't get any better than that.

Murf said...

TC - Thanks! 80's is a bit before your time, isn't it? ;-)

Ed - The "m" throws it off some but I like it. I 'm surprised you didn't make a comment about my most hated word. :-)

Ed said...

I thought about it but I don't use tits very often. I left it up to Bone to comment on that.

Anonymous said...

I always liked the Police, "Don't Stand So Close to Me." The song was kind of a warning :) I do like Sarah McLaughan's music...

TC said...

I grew up on the 80s, thank.you.ver.much.

Bone said...

I'm not ashamed to say that I have some David Ball on my iPod.

OK, maybe a little ashamed.

I always liked "Party All The Time" by Eddie Murphy. And "Your Love" by The Outfield. And several hundred more.

Bone said...

Oh crap, I didn't realize it was being left up to me to make comments about tits.

Well, somebody's gotta do it.

Murf said...

Ed - I deeply appreciate you not leaving that to Sage to comment on. :-) I owe you one for that.

Bone - The Outfield was one of the many records I had that I repurchased as a CD. Icehouse is another one. "Electric Blue" is a great song.

TC said...

You would pick the one Saturday night I have plans, wouldn't you?!?!

I can't wait to see the pics!!!!