.
.
4
.
.
3
.
.
2
.
.
1
.
.
To celebrate the release of the movie Twilight on DVD, I hosted a movie night and invited the original gang of 8 who went and saw it opening weekend back in November. It was also a great time to finally discuss the books since, unlike 4 months ago, everyone has read the series.
To prepare for the festivities, I headed to the bookstore. Not for a book but to hit their Twilight section for another poster. While I was there and browsing through their collection of goods, I changed my mind. Instead, I went for these really awful tasting Twilight Sweethearts that had such things like "I heart EC" and "Forever" written on them:
Next, I decided to bake a cake in honor of the evening. First, I added some red food coloring to the cake batter to give it that "bloody" feel:
Once that was complete, I frosted it and let the master (a.k.a. Big A) take over for the hardcore decorating:
According to the book, when these vampires are getting hungry for blood, their eyes turn red. It was easier to replicate that than the beautiful topaz eyes he has once he has been fed (They are actually "vegetarians". They only feed on animal blood.).
Once food and fellowship was over, the gang invaded Big A's man cave:
We aren't really hardcore movie watchers that demand silence and we had a great time throwing in ad libs and our thoughts throughout the movie, much like Mystery Science Theater 3000. In honor of that, I had to take a Mystery Science Theater 3000-type shot:
As usual it was a wacky and great time.
8 comments:
Man, I'm sooo bummed I missed it!!!
I have only myself to blame to the loss of the past three minutes...
TC - Next time I'll give you more of a heads up.
Sage - Curiousity killed the cat...and made you lose 3 minutes. Someday soon your favorite daughter will be into these books.
Thanks, I appreciate it! :)
Oooh, Sage, I like the new pic!
And you know Murf, I think you're right. I can't wait for that day :)
Thanks for the warning. I was gonna brave it, then I saw the word "Twilight" and just skipped down to the pictures.
Wait wait wait. Guys actually watched this???
That's an automatic man card revoke.
Also, I loved Mystery Science Theatre!!!! It doesn't come on anymore, does it?
Bone - One guy is a male fluke although he does like women...and Twilight. The other one came just because it was a party so for him, it was more about the fellowship.
I use to see it on the science/space channel back when I had over 300 options but that was a couple of years ago. I'm not sure if it's still on.
You were wrong, it was only two and a half minutes but on the rest, you were right. I can never get that time back.
Post a Comment