Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Demographics of my friends and "friends"

I have a Facebook page. I feel I'm too old for non-anonymous MySpace page so I went with the more "classy" Facebook. My friend list is rather small but growing ever so slowly. Currently it is 4 at four - Canada Guy #1, his wife, Shan and Earl (who was once a blogger back when he was single and angst-ridden). Recently, I updated my education section to include the high school and the year of graduation. Today, I found a message from a guy that I was kinda sorta friends with back in the day. I talked about him in version 2.0 of this blog when he befriended me again about two years ago and told me he was gay. I wasn't surprised but happy that he felt good about being who he was...until he stood me up the last time. We had made a couple of plans up until the fateful day when he ticked me off and only one of our planned get togethers we actually did. The others he cancelled. Sometimes with advanced notice. The last time, not so much and the last time was due to the prospect of MAYBE having a date with some guy he met. I was ticked and when I get to that point and it's with someone that I don't really care if they are in or out of my life, I'm verbally very direct. I didn't care whether he ever talked to me or not so I spoke my mind.

I found his Facebook message to be interesting because he apologized for hurting my feelings and hoped we could be friends. My response? Only that I had just publicly advertised the school and how funny it was that he was the first fish I caught but I did add him as a "friend".

So, now I am up to three gay men, one straight man and one female. These five people are an interesting mix: three are Canadian; one is an asshole and one has asshole tendencies; one is the male version of me while one is someone who I want to be more like; three that I wish I saw more often and one that I don't really care if I ever see again. It's an interesting mix.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Murf, you certainly know how to be descriptive of your feelings. And in my own life, I often find it interesting the people I impact.

Shan! said...

I'm hoping I'm neither of the assholes.

Murf said...

TIM! It's still a shock to see you! :-)

Shan - You are neither but I wonder if you can pick yourself out of the other descriptions.

Shan! said...

one is the male version of me
perhaps

Murf said...

Perhaps. :-)

sage said...

Let's see, I wonder how you describe those of us on your blogger account on your facebook account: baldy, nerd, librarian, jarhead (who cares that he's army), love bug, Tex... Interestingly, those I know in your blog list are all Americans.

Anonymous said...

The one day I actually come to check out your blog . . .

Murf said...

Sage - I could identify everyone other than 'love bug'. Who was that one?

Anonymous - See...you should read me more often.

sage said...

Tim, the newlywed