Today a topic that I recently wrote about came to a head. I hosted a Memorial Day gathering on Sunday and the topic of my employment move was brought up. According to my friend, they had came to her to see if she wanted me to work for her. Wisely, she said no and I guess she felt bad about how she said it as she was telling me the story because this morning, I made a joke about working for her in an email and the next thing I know, I get a paragraph in response about how she felt bad for phrasing it the way she did. She went on to say that she thinks I'm avoiding her or somehow resent her and even though she's preoccupied with her own screwed up life, she will try better to become involved in mine. I could've replied with a 'don't worry about it' but instead, I decided to reveal what the vibe is that she is picking up and I told her pretty much what my earlier blog entry said regarding not asking how I'm doing, etc. She said that she never thought to do that because I've always been so independent and secure in the 'things will get better' belief. I feel that I am but a little question to show you're interested would be nice. We'll see what will come of this.
Speaking of that Memorial Day gathering, it went rather well. It was very laid back too which other than playing hostess, was nice. It was really odd because I had to go to the grocery store on both Friday and Saturday and on neither day was there much of a line. Nor was there much traffic on the expressway yesterday when we tried to get away from leftovers and go to a good pizza place about 50 miles west only to see that thanks to their mom and pop-ness, they weren't open on Memorial Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment