Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Keep your fingers crossed

It's two days late to officially make a prayer request but this morning, Big A is taking Hooch to the vet because he has a lump between his rib cage and thigh. It doesn't seem to hurt him when it's pushed nor does it seem to affect his walking/running/hopping up onto the bed but it seems to have gotten a bit bigger since we noticed it a few months ago. I'm chalking that up to the fact that Hooch gets in great shape over the summer so the size of it feels different because he's lost weight and not because it has grown. Big A thinks the opposite. I doubt they will have the answer today but just in case, I told Big A to not tell me what happened until I get home.

POST VET VISIT UPDATE: Going against what we agreed on, Big A called just to tell me that the lump is nothing, probably just a typical 'fatty tumor' which older dogs can get for who knows why. He then went on to say that Hooch has about 5 pounds to lose. I find that hard to believe seeing as that he's in his great summer shape. I think their scale is rigged.

4 comments:

sage said...

Prayers for Hooch.

Ed said...

Ditto here.

Ed said...

I didn't want to say this before incase it was worse news but Ted had several benign masses that he accumulated over the years. I wonder if it is something breed specific? Glad to here Hooch had a good prognosis.

Murf said...

My next blog entry touches on what I've read about them. Stay tuned. ;-)