I know it's a bit after the August 31st cut off, but I thought I would hold out on posting this review until the latest pecan raffle was held. I would've felt bad if I won and Sage hadn't. I'll keep this review nice and short...the book stunk. Once I was done, I reread the reviews from other sources that compromises the first page after the cover and agreed with none of them. I believe one even used the word "sensuous". I don't think so. It was basically a booty call on USDA forest service property between a near menopausal, long haired ranger and some guy that comes out of the woods and one near miss with a transplanted city girl and her dead husband's nephew. On top of that, there is a constant reference to the human female's monthly cycle, pheromones and phases of the moon and how men, much like their wildlife counterparts, can sense when a woman is 'in heat'. On top of being bored, now I'm just offended because I haven't noticed any guy acting any different with me than any other week of the month. For a more indepth review, read this. I wonder if he liked it as much as he did because he could smell the pheromones through the pages or it could be because perhaps all guys dream of having outdoor sex, either in the woods, behind a barn in a goat pasture or in the middle of an empty baseball field.
5 comments:
Nah. All guys just dream of sex, period. Indoor, outdoor--doesn't matter.
I won't read the book and thanks for not giving me any more competition--I couldn't have handled things if both you and Diane (both who came to the SRC via my blog) had won pecans and I had not!
Snake Eater - Are you saying that even someone like Sage dreams about sex?!? :-)
Sage - You're welcome. My Christian generousity knows no bounds. :-)
I dream of it. He's probably getting it.
Love it! I'll stay away from it! Just in case those pheromones jump book and attack me! :D
Post a Comment