
This kick to the gut is courtesy of someone from high school that I ran into again in Facebook and obviously made the mistake of granting friend privileges to. She caught me online this morning and wanted to "chat". I was momentarily speechless when I read that and was torn between my usual of brushing it off or really being ticked at it and laying into her. I chose the former even though I was ticked. I realized that I can't fix stupid nor ignorant and I'm not using this as a 'teachable moment' to enlighten her that maybe not everyone can have them or as easily as she had hers. I can, thankfully, un-Facebook friend her.
UPDATE: Ok...I couldn't let it go. While un-Facebook friending her, I saw she was still online so I sent this to her:

I'm really proud of my self-restraint for not including something like "you fertile whore".
6 comments:
did she respond to your scolding, or did you zap her off your friends list right after sending it?
Ouch :-/
I hate statements like that. "Why aren't you married?" "Why don't you have kids?" I frequently get the urge to scream at the top of my lungs "Neither one is because I don't want them! Maybe you should be a little less nosy you BLEEEEEEEEEEEP!"
I won't facebook friend most of the people I went to high school with. There's a reason for it: most of them are just like Cheryl.
Sage - I sent it and waited for a minute just to make sure it went through...and then zapped her...and the published it as a note on my wall in Facebook where everyone can mock her. Buhahahahaha...
TC - Yeah. The whole befriending people from high school on Facebook is odd. I was going to write a blog entry about that soon. I figure most people ask that because they are looking for kindred spirits and they want you to be as miserable as they are married or with kids. :-)
That whole exchange seemed almost... highschoolish.
I think running into former people I knew is one reason why I don't do facebook... at least under my real identity. ;)
Yes, your alias is woofully without friends but then when you have me, that's really all one needs.
The "fertile whore" comment is gold. Thanks for sharing it with us, if not her.
I love de-friending people. I had no idea you could do it on Facebook, too.
Post a Comment