Sunday, January 11, 2009

Pictorial Week In Review

Sunday, January 4th. During a playoff pool among me and Alex, I am 0-4 despite donning the headgear of one of the teams that I was rooting for. Currently in the playoffs, I am 1-7. Thank God the Steelers won.



********


Monday, January 5th. The first Vegan Day of 2009. We made it through the day and had this...interesting dish for dinner:


It was whole wheat cousous with sundried tomatoes, pine nuts, olives, parsley, oregano and tofu. I had never worked with tofu before so I was happy to finally get it crunchy after what felt like an extended period of browning it. However, the taste left much to be desired:


We made it until 8:00 that night before we broke out the Totinos frozen pizza. We're thinking that perhaps twice a week vegan day will turn into twice a week vegetarian day instead.

********


Tuesday, January 6th. After a few weeks of fighting with the cat over who sits in the chair (he liked to hover on the back of it until someone, usually me, got up and then he would sprawl his 25 lb frame across the cushion and when he didn't want to move, he was tough to move), I devised a plan that suited both of us. I took Hooch's old fleece covered foam pad and put it on top of the ottoman and pushed it up against the wall:


(All the pictures are blowupable but I'd recommend this one so you can see his "fangs")

********


Saturday, January 10th. It was a day of hibernation, taquitoes, NFL playoffs and snowblowing twice not to mention cleaning off the cars today and digging out the end of the driveway after the snowplows went through at 12:45 this morning. It felt like much more than just 7 inches:

6 comments:

sage said...

Yeah, Steelers. As for the cat, I'd put it on a vegan diet.

TC said...

I can't do tofu. I'm impressed you guys made it that long.

I'm with Sage though: I think the cat is the one that needs to go on a diet!

Ed said...

"It felt like much more than just 7 inches."

;)

Murf said...

Ed - Ha! That's funny. I didn't even know I phrased it that way. That would explain why I'm still sore today.

Murf said...

Oh...and the cat only gets 1 cup of food total every day. I'm not sure how you can get a cat to drop weight without feeding it every two days but if you've ever lived with a cat, you know now irritating they get when it's food time and there isn't any food.

Ed said...

They sell a low fat variety of catfood, I think by ScienceDiet that is formulated for fat cats. Lots of roughage but not many caleries. My parent's housecat was on it for years because she couldn't handle fatty foods without throwing up all over everything. Give her an empty tuna can to lick the juice out of and it was vomit city!