Friday, January 23, 2009

Murf's Pet Peeve #6

I had today off of work but yesterday on my way out, I forgot to grab the vegan dish that a coworker made for me in what is probably still a failed attempt at incorporating two vegan days into my week but since it smelled good and it had chick peas in it (I've learned from Big A's Chaldean relatives that I will eat anything if it has chick peas in it...intestines included), I wanted to give it a try over the weekend so on my way to the gym, I ran into work quickly to grab it.

Shockingly, I didn't run into anyone that I knew so it was a quick in and out dealio. However, as I was exiting the elevator on my way out, Pet Peeve #6 happened. This old lady nearly ran smack into me (and since she was much shorter than I, "smack into me" means that she nearly ran straight into the girls) as she attempted to enter the elevator. I HATE people that don't wait to see if there is someone on and if so, let them get out first. She still didn't wait for me to leave and brushed past me while giving one of those quick and very not heartfelt 'sorry's. Usually I just stew about it but not today. I actually said something out loud as I moved past her.

What did I say?

"Geez"

I'm quite proud of myself.

6 comments:

TC said...

You might have still been too nice :)

sage said...

As one who could be an official member of AARP (I haven't sent them the money they keep pleading for), I say cut the old lady some slack! What would you have said to an old man?

Murf said...

TC - True..but then afterwards I thought to myself that her undereye bags are now why I've started using eye cream. Better? :-)

Sage - No slack being cut. I think if the situation was exactly the same, I would have still said the same thing...but maybe while looking up at him while batting my eyelashes to make him feel really bad about running into little ol' me. :-)

Ed said...

If I ran into someones "girls", I think I would run away screaming for someone with girls at six foot in the air is not someone I would want to meet!

Murf said...

That might be wise. I'm picturing something that looks like a German Olympic shot putter with Princess Leia buns and I'm pretty sure she'd eat you alive. :-)

Ed said...

I think I was picturing the same girl because I was thinking Helga was her name!