While I love Poison, I'm sick of coming to my own blog and seeing cleavage from the YouTube screenshot so it's time for a new entry.
As I mentioned in a previous entry, using Facebook to reconnect with people from high school has been a bit of a bust. However, I am throughly enjoying tracking/stalking people from college. I had found my roommate Freshman year through classmates.com a few years ago but she was as boring as she was back in 1989 so that quickly faded. So far on Facebook, I have found and befriended again:
* Tony, the guy who deflowered yours truly for the first time. He and I lived on the same floor in the dorm and much like dating guys you work with, you should never date guys that live three doors down. It was fun for the first month or so of the semester but then it went downhill due to the close proximity, I believe. He's now married to someone that looks wonderful (as opposed to the person he dated after the deflowering for the rest of college who was insane) with 4 kids and still lives in his hometown of Cincinnati. Since the arrival of the girlfriend back in late 1989 pretty much cut off any communication between he and I, it's fun to get to know him via Facebook.
* The lush of a suitemate Freshman year. While searching for her by her maiden name, this other Amy popped up so I sent a message in with the Friend request and lo and behold it was her. I still stare at her profile and wonder what in the sam hill happened. She looks like a politician's wife now with the helmet hair, the big house, some guy that she married that she would NEVER have given the time of day to back then. It's kind of sad although I can see her marrying for money. She doesn't interact much but for her recent status update stating that she was watching a movie with her kids on a Saturday at 10 p.m., I just had to leave the quote that she lived by and which was hung in her dorm room: You can always retake a class but you can never relive a party. She never responded and I wouldn't be surprised if she had deleted that since she seems to want to forget that fun, free-spirited part of her life*.
* The horsey-loving suitemate of Sophomore year. She is still listed by her maiden name and has 2 kids with a guy who I wonder if she's married to but haven't dared ask. I do know, however, that it is not David, the guy she was hot and heavy with back in college and I've always wanted to ask what happened to him but I'm always a little gun shy about doing that on the off chance that he is dead. She is the one that introduced me to big toe shaving. I never knew females had to shave their big toe. Since I grew up with mostly brothers, I thought maybe I was missing some very important information in female upkeep. I think that was just her thing.
* Fred, the football player two years older who was the lone male that nearly lived on the all girl's floor I lived on Sophomore year due to his girlfriend living on it also. Most people usually kept their dorm room doors open if they were home and just hanging out and he would always stop in to chat on his way down to the girlfriend's room.
* Sandy, the girl with the Yugoslavian last name that made my Ukrainian one a walk in the park, who lived across the hall Sophomore year and who, I believe, is the reason why there is a hole in the ozone layer due to the hairspray. I had a huge crush on her friend, Darren (who she is still friends with judging from her Facebook Friends list). I once told that story of my crush on him in a previous version of this blog and included pictures of his Ford Ranger with the pink painted on mud splashes that I took of it in the student parking lot but after the ribbing I got from Sage and Ed, I will refrain from that this time around. From Sandy, I got my love for Concrete Blonde (she use to play "Joey" over and over and over...) and The Doors.
*UPDATE: I just did a Facebook Friends review and not only was my comment about reliving a party deleted but Amy has de-friended me. This makes me chuckle.
17 comments:
I try to avoid stalking on Facebook.
But that doesn't mean I don't cave sometimes. However, I'm never happy with what I find :(
And it's hard to stalk on Facebook because you have to befriend them in order to see anything good.
Yes, well, sometimes they are the ones you're most inclined to stalk.
Went downhill due to the close proximity? Not enough of a buffer zone for you, huh? Maybe that's why I've dated no fewer than three girls who lived in other states.
Three, Bone? Good grief.
Bone - Buffer (or incarceration) is needed so you don't have those pop ins, the "I saw your light on and thought I'd stop by" visits. When it comes to honest-to-goodness boyfriends, I've had 2 Canadians and one Arizonian so while they all ended (some of them rather ugly), buffer isn't bad.
How about a 5000 mile buffer? Maybe that is why it has lasted nearly ten years so far.
I wouldn't have any luck because I don't know and probably never knew the last names of any of my acquaintences in college. I ran into the goofy kid Jeff and few years back and he was still goofy. He gave me his email address and I said I was in the process of switching providers and would let him know. I never did.
Re--being defriended. Some things just need to stay in the past... I thought I'd commented here earlier, but either the comment didn't take or Murf deleted. Hum...
Sage - I didn't delete. I only delete comments in which the anonymous commenter says that I am wallowing in self-pity. :-)
So, are you referring to Linda?:-)
Who's Linda?
*snickers to herself* I need to delve into Sage's archive for that pearl. :-)
Ooh, this is gonna be good!
TC - I was just rereading it and my comments. I believe thou shalt enjoy it:
http://sagecoveredhills.blogspot.com/2006/05/linda-and-summer-of-76-memories-of.html
Who?
OH man, those are GREAT!!!!!!!!
And... I agree with everything you said. It was cheating. Man, those Southern boys have different classifications (read: incorrect ones!) than us Northern girls do! And to think supposedly they are the morally superior ones! Ha!
Am I violating the male code if I visit this link?
Bone - Considering you left a comment there back in 2006, I think you're safe to revisit it.
Post a Comment