Just an update to an earlier entry regarding a letter of recommendation from my instructor that I've been trying to get for 4 months...
She has it written and ready for me to pick up.
I wanted to post this to let everyone know, specifically the person in Northwest Ohio who cared enough to take time out of their busy lives to leave a comment at 3 in the morning on a weekday, no less. Also, Sage will not have to update his letter of recommendation that he so kindly wrote for my attempt at grad school.
8 comments:
except that she admitted her fetish for southern accents.
Make that accents in general, with Southern accents in particular, and I'm convinced we were separated at birth!
Hilarious. Glad you got the letter you wanted!
Thanks, Chica. I would say accents in general as well but I find that the Boston/New England one to be atrocious (unless you're a member of New Kids on the Block and then it's just endearing) followed closely by the Jersey one. If only everyone had a Southern accent or a British one.
Accents, in order of preference, in TC's world:
1. Southern, but not Kentucky.
2. Irish.
3. Australian.
4. Slavic (Slovakia, Czech, etc.)
5. British
Australian over British?!? But I'm with you on the high ranking of Irish. Did you ever see the movie The Matchmaker with Janene Garafalo as a Kennedy-esque Senator's assistant who goes to Ireland to try to find some real Irish relatives for his campaign? Love that movie...and Irish men.
Glad to see Scottish wasn't on there. I can't understand a word they say.
Good luck getting your position... As far as Scottish accents, the problem comes where there is too much Scotch.
Yep, an Aussie over a Brit. Some men have a great British accent, but some I can't understand.
I went to the new Sonic in town tonight, and we had a very good looking Southern gentleman who had a killer accent. (And yes, his hands were wonderful.) Sigh. I wanted to order him, but couldn't find him on the menu...
A Southern man in Wisconsin?!? Someone made a wrong turn. Will you be going back there every Thursday night at the same time? ;-)
Well, I hadn't planned on it, but now that you mention it...
Post a Comment