Saturday, February 7, 2009

Jan in Real Life

I know that Big A has been watching TV Land when I walk in after work and he looks at me and breaks out laughing. Usually it's because I remind him of Beaver Cleaver with my "Gee Wally" mannerisms but lately, it has been Jan Brady. I never minded being compared to Beaver but I really take Jan Brady as a compliment. I've always had an affinity for her. I have the Jan Brady gait, the same facial expressions when we are both told "No" and I always felt overlooked growing up. I was lucky to not have a Marcia but I did have a very popular older brother.

Not to mention a weird resemblance:

Or maybe all 10 year old white girls looked alike in the early 1980's.

7 comments:

sage said...

Are you sure the Brady Bunch was on in the 80s and not just reruns? I remember watching it when I was like in Junior High (the early 70s).

Nonetheless, you make a good Jan!

maggie moran said...

OMG! Is that a picture of Me?!?

Murf said...

Sage - If YOU remember it, I must've been watching the reruns. ;-) I just saw an episode this morning where Cindy was taught not to tattle while Alice won a "hi fi" in a contest.

Maggie - I dare you to post a picture of yourself from that era. ;-)

TC said...

That's an uncanny resemblence.

Bone said...

My favorite Brady Bunch was the house of cards.

"Marcia, your bracelet!!!"

I've been told I resembled Steve-O, Kerry Collins, and "a young Danny Glover" among other things. But I always liked to think of myself as Brandon Walsh.

Murf said...

Steve-O?!? That wasn't very nice. I hope you punched that person.

Ed said...

I missed out on the whole Brady Bunch thing. I think that was probably a good thing.