Thanks to A.I. for using the term 'fallen angel' in his entry, I'm really craving this song so I will torment everyone by posting the rather hazy video here.
Looks like tomorrow's CD du jour will be Poison's Greatest Hits (the only one I have on CD. The others are all cassettes). My love for them has been awoken after a long slumber (I'm trying to forget Bret's Rock of Love).
I think subconsciously, I knew back in the 80's that I was going to look back at those times and laugh at how we dressed and styled our hair. I just didn't realize it would be so soon. It's almost like looking into another country.
Bone - That's the one. I've been listening to it all day. I think that song and Motley Crue's Home Sweet Home are tied for all time great rock ballads (a.k.a "Songs that when played in concert guarantee a free boobie sighting").
TC - I hate how young you are. ;-) My class song was 'Make It Last Forever' by Keith Sweat. Nothing like a song about making love all night to summarize high school, eh?
Gosh, the more I started thinking of rock anthems, the more of them that started popping in my head.
We Will Rock You - Queen Cum On Feel the Noise - Slade I Love Rock n' Roll - Joan Jett We're Not Gonna Take It - Twisted Sister Mony Mony - Billy Idol Paradise City - GNR Satisfaction - Rolling Stones Bad to the Bone - George Thorogood Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
If I had an ipod, I think I would have a rock anthem playlist.
I've never seen boobies at a concert. I did see two girls kissing once. One of their boyfriends seemed delighted. The other's seemed quite peeved. I was on Team Delighted.
I attended three proms. The themes were One More Night, Wonderful Tonight, and I can't remember.
13 comments:
I think subconsciously, I knew back in the 80's that I was going to look back at those times and laugh at how we dressed and styled our hair. I just didn't realize it would be so soon. It's almost like looking into another country.
Back in the age when they played music on MTV and I didn't even have a TV set--I didn't miss much
Ed - You had hair like this?!?
Sage - I noticed that as well...and when Michael Hutchence of INXS was still alive. Those were the good ol' days.
I didn't because I realized even back then how ridiculous it looked.
Win big! Momma's fallen angel. Lose big! Duh duh duh lies...
I think I have that CD. Does it have some neon green on the cover?
You couldn't beat Every Rose Has Its Thorn for request and dedication hour.
Bone - That's the one. I've been listening to it all day. I think that song and Motley Crue's Home Sweet Home are tied for all time great rock ballads (a.k.a "Songs that when played in concert guarantee a free boobie sighting").
My favorite Poison song is ERHIT. It was our prom song. Sigh.
TC - I hate how young you are. ;-) My class song was 'Make It Last Forever' by Keith Sweat. Nothing like a song about making love all night to summarize high school, eh?
Gosh, the more I started thinking of rock anthems, the more of them that started popping in my head.
We Will Rock You - Queen
Cum On Feel the Noise - Slade
I Love Rock n' Roll - Joan Jett
We're Not Gonna Take It - Twisted Sister
Mony Mony - Billy Idol
Paradise City - GNR
Satisfaction - Rolling Stones
Bad to the Bone - George Thorogood
Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
If I had an ipod, I think I would have a rock anthem playlist.
I've never seen boobies at a concert. I did see two girls kissing once. One of their boyfriends seemed delighted. The other's seemed quite peeved. I was on Team Delighted.
I attended three proms. The themes were One More Night, Wonderful Tonight, and I can't remember.
I think our Prom theme was "Blaze of Glory"
*snicker* Bone said boobies.
The "I can't remember" prom sounds like the most fun.
Ed - Blaze of Glory?!? As in Bon Jovi's Blaze of Glory? Were you shot down too? :-)
Nope but we did go out in a blaze of glory.
Post a Comment