* Also this morning, I had time to give Hooch a quick walk before the snow came. He's a funny little fellow. While at the grocery store, I bought him a Purina Busybone which is this heavy duty rawhide filled with a meat product. It's quite the delicacy for dogs judging from his reaction. However, nothing is better than a walk. While he was nibbling on it on the floor, he was watching me carefully out of the corner of his eye as I was getting my coat, scarf and hat on. I don't know how he knew it but without me ever saying the "w" word, he knew that a walk was in his imminent future and left the busybone behind for some barking and jumping as I finished getting ready. A walk is definitely number 1 on his list of favorite things, followed by a car ride, cookie/rawhide and then a ball.
* Since I was able to take Hooch for a walk, his back leg is now much better. He still limps a bit after he has been off of it for awhile but within a minute, he's ready to go which makes me think arthritis. The vet still doesn't know why his lymph node is enlarged on that leg but for now, we'll just keep an eye on it and I kept him on the anti-inflammatories at least for another month.
* As with babies and small children, there is nothing cuter than sleeping animals. Below is Hooch after his morning walk and Little Big A who sleeps because that's what cats do, I guess (click on them for the larger image...much cuter).
* Last but not least...the paper bill has arrived from Self magazine. I can now fork over the 8 bucks for my subscription.
13 comments:
It's probably a Sage-like thing to admit, but I'm confused about the power of fleece. Is that just because it allows the cat and dog to sleep and you to walk the dog or what?
TC - Yes, they both seem to love fleece. It could just be the teeniest amount showing and they would somehow find a way to lay on it and pass out.
And never admit to being Sage-like for any reason. ;-)
I was going to make a comment about the wisdom of dogs, but then I find my good name being tossed around in vain!
I'm guessing that is perhaps the greatest difference between us and dogs. We would prefer food before exercise. At least I do. But we do share the joy of taking a good nap with some fleece.
Poor Ed. Home alone and commenting on blogs on a Saturday night. Sure you don't me and the gang to come by for a visit? :-)
Wow, apparently this is the place to come if you're commenting on blogs on Saturday night.
I think the joy of the walk is all about getting to pee in different locales. Best I can tell anyway. I was going to compare it to something human, but I'm not sure we have a human equivalent for that.
Ooh, Murf! Here's a good idea: you and I could go visit Ed together!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How much fun would that be?!?!?! Especially for Ed. It's all for Ed.
Well bring your tools along so you can go to work on my garage project. Do you know and TC know how to do electrical wiring? Are you any good at hanging OSB? Do you even know what OSB stands for? After you help out, we can even head up to the golden dome and I'm sure some gurus will teach you have to levitate before a nice vegetarian meal.
TC - That would be fun! I'll swing by and pick up Sage on my way just so everything looks legit should his wife found out that two women came and hung out with him while she was gone. :-)
Ed - I can do better. I can hand you screws and nails. With the screws, just specify if you want the ones with the plus sign or the minus sign on them.
I prefer the screws with the star shape on them. I strip them less often.
Look at it this way Ed: if we screw up a project, you have someone to blame.
If you keep talking and don't get on the road, I'm going to have it done before you get here. :)
Ed - I'm sure you will have other things for us to do. I say we tile the bathroom. That always looks easy on the home improvement shows.
Post a Comment