Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Room With A View for the Non-Readers

Since we are on the topic of bathrooms, it seemed only appropriate to share with you the seasonal photos that I am taking of the view that one has while sitting on the toilet. Currently we just have fall and winter but I look forward to compiling the other two seasons as well.







My favorite would have to be the winter scene. The blue sky with white puffy clouds resembles the bathroom's blue ceiling with white puffy clouds painted on it (as shown in the photo on the right). It's probably as close as I'll ever get to using the bathroom outside.

8 comments:

TC said...

You're taking photos out of your bathroom? Um, you do have weird bathroom habits.

Ed said...

Now if I was in the stall next to you and saw a flash go off... well that would trump even the person in the can talking on a cellphone.

sage said...

Wow--I should do a post on outhouses along the Appalachian Trail. In Vermont/New Hampshire, the Dartmouth College Outdoor Club maintains a series of outhouses--some quite unique. As for Murf's photos, I think they've only been three days this winter you could have taken that blue sky photo and two of them were this weekend!

TC said...

Thanks Sage, for telling us when Murf was in her can taking photos. That's great.

Murf said...

TC - I don't read so what else is there to do but look out the window?

Ed - That would be funny. I should try that just to see what kind of reaction I'd get.

Sage - You should. That would be interesting. The Agawa Canyon tour touted their environmentally friendly toilet. It was actually quite scary to use because when you look down, it's just black and, it seems, endless but I guess they catch everything and use it to fertilize the flowers. I had this fear of falling in the one time I used it.

TC - "Can"? How old are you again? ;-) Just for the record, it was not this weekend so it must've been that third sunny day we've had this winter.

Bone said...

You don't read in the bathroom?

Maybe you should try looking at a book of, say, French Impressionist Paintings. I find the soothing, pastoral images very conducive...

TC said...

I don't read either. I get in, do what needs to be done, get out.

Murf said...

Bone - No. I believe that is a completely guy thing to do. Sometimes I do try to find a pattern on the floor tiles though.

TC - Wow. You like pushing the envelope and waiting until the very last minute, eh? You rebel, you. ;-)