Today was Meme Friday in the world of Sage and he called me out on one of them so, for his entertainment and to prove I ain't afraid, here it goes:
FIVE THINGS I DIG ABOUT JESUS (in no particular order):
1. I get gifts on his birthday (someone else left a comment along these lines but I was already thinking that so technically, I didn't copy off her).
2. He came from a woman named Mary. A person can't go wrong when they are connected to someone that has that as either their complete name or if it makes up a part of their name (I prefer the latter but I could be a bit prejudiced).
3. He didn't do to badly for himself considering he was born outside with smelly farm animals around him.
4. His name still lives on in about half of the male population of Mexico.
5. That he has been everything from a Broadway musical to a Mel Gibson movie and now the subject of one of my memes and that is all without the help of an agent.
(I can't believe it's a Friday night and I'm sitting here, writing about why I dig Jesus. My God, why have you forsaken me?)
9 comments:
Cute list Murf, you had to work real hard not to include anything theological or, with maybe the exception of his mamma's name and the location of his birth, anything Biblical!
I wanted to make him Mr. All Around. You know, show how he influences and touches everything and everyone (liked that one, didn't ya?). Besides, having to include those things wasn't in the rules. At least in the version of the rules that you gave me. :-)
Also, I couldn't say that I dig Jesus because he walks around all day in a cotton robe and sandals because we don't know what he looks like. I should have added that I dig Jesus because the mere mention of him makes Big A's head spin around. Funny thing about that though, Big A knows a lot about the Bible. I mean, a lot. When I asked him recently why he knows so much about it if he didn't believe it, he said 'Know thy enemy'.
An interesting list, indeed.
Murf, on another topic all together, check out his book review (It sounds like it was written for you):
http://bcounmus.blogspot.com/2007/05/how-to-shit-in-woods-kathleen-meyer.html
Funny that a person whose initials are B.M. wrote a review on how to poop in the woods. I'm going to have to check this one out.
This one looks good too: Up Shit Creek: A Collection of Horrifyingly True Wilderness Toilet Misadventures. I may have to buy the box set through Amazon. :-)
Just stopping by to say, Hi! I actually did this one on my Fingerprints blog.
Is this a sign? The comments start about Jesus and end up about shit books...
Based upon my blogging past, I think I'm going to have to get a second career as an author.
Post a Comment