Sunday, June 10, 2007

A Sunday virtual tour of the backyard

This is the remnants of a once sorta decent flower garden. These Alliums grew back last year for the first time ever since the spring after the original planting (about 2000). The one in the background could be used for a physics leason: What would become of an tall, thin object if it were hit by something whose mass was 80 lbs and the velocity of the moving object was 40 m.p.h.?

********




The fellas are no longer staring at me while on the computer and are now back out in the pond and we have added an additional one. From left to right are: Thor (the new one), Franco and Ben. I left the size on this fairly big. Click on the picture and see them eating closer up. They're kinda cute in an ugly kind of way.

********




Behold..the bane of my existence. Actually it's not that bad but I'd either love to take it down or update the backboard (and Big A would love to just take it down along with the clothes line poles. He seems to have an issue with metal poles cemented into the ground). It has been up for years. Regulation height. I remember my younger brother mostly playing but occasionally I'd take him on in a game of H.O.R.S.E. I still remember all places on the driveway we had to shoot from. Maybe I should get a new rim and basket and take on Big A.

********




The resting spot of Indiana. I have yet to catch Hooch urinating on it.

********




Thanks to the aforementioned dog urine, any annuals must be planted in pots. These snapdragons still take the occasional hit though.

********




The dreaded maple trees got a much needed trim this spring. I like them much better now. The best part of it all? For some strange reason, I had zero helicopter seeds. In the past, I've kept a snow shovel out to shovel them off of the driveway but there are none this year on mine as well as the neighbors. I don't understand why that is but I'm not going to question it although I fear next spring.

********




These are the neighbors. You may remember him from a story I shared in one of the previous versions of this blog. He came and painted a somewhat large and hard to reach part of the interior for 5 Double Stuff Oreos and a bottle of beer. Big A and I have decided that we will be moving next to them wherever they go.

5 comments:

Ed said...

A can of spray paint and a step ladder would spruce it up. Otherwise a torch would take it down.

Due to the very late frost we had down here, and I'm assuming you had up there, all of the maple seeds were destroyed. But just wait until next year!

That wasn't a very secretively taken photo. They're waving at you!

Shan! said...

I was going to say the same thing as Ed about the maple trees. *shudders*

A gay man and a straight man thinking the same thing, and about something in nature. Scary.

Murf said...

Ed - I have a new annual prayer now: a late frost.

Shan! - It's not so much the gay and straight thing but just the general fact that you have the same thoughts as Ed. It could be worse...you and Snake Eater could be thinking alike. :-)

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this virtual tour. Thanks!

Ed said...

Speaking of gay men, I just came to the conclusion that my financial advisor is gay. So Shan!, are gay men generally good with money?