Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A disclaimer and then some

Disclaimer: In order to remain on Ed's list of daily read blogs, I'm posting this entry just to let him (and anyone else who cares) know that there is a tale to be told but I just want to include pictures with it and currently, I do not have access to those said pictures.

Then some:

* I realized over the past week that while I sometimes wear them to look smart, I also wear my glasses as a shield of sorts since the eyes are the windows to the soul. I'm probably not fooling anyone but it makes me feel better to think that I may be hiding my thoughts and feelings in certain situations (such as recent work events).

* During such situations I have to stop and remind myself that I am lucky to have a job. I know if I were to get another one and the one I currently have is then posted, they can expect 70+ applications (a similar entry level job did and that's how many people applied).

* I hate planting flowers. We recently bought a flat of pansies to plant in the area over where we buried Indiana and somehow, I drew the short straw and had to insert them into the ground. There was one red pansy which I stuck in the middle. Has anyone read the book, Where The Red Fern Grows? This would be the pansy version although not nearly as heartbreaking as the book. Big A received the book from his mom and the only time that he feels bad about the possibility of not having a kid is when he realizes he will have no one to pass that book on to. It's the only time I feel bad for him.

* During a recent fire drill, I had a 'life or death' discussion with myself as I was stuck on one of the interior stairwells as 10 floors full of people converged into it. I had to resort to my deep breathing techniques and my 'you can get off at the next floor...you can get off at the next floor' mantra to stop the onset of a panic attack. I'm not completely sure yet but in a real scenario, I really think I would choose smoke inhalation rather than a panic attack in the stairwell.

* The high is 61 degrees today. Thank God I didn't pack away the turtlenecks. At this time of the year as turtleneck season draws to a close, I really enjoy the fewer and fewer occasions when I can wear them.

* It's Wendy's Wednesday. The Wendy's guy has had quite an eventful last couple of weeks. Let's see...his old girlfriend was upset to read that he impregnanted someone else and the repercussions are still being felt at the possibility that, due to the timing when this baby is supposedly to be born (I say 'supposedly' because I'm not sure if it's actually true or not), he cheated on her and she's currently taking him to court for something..and calling him a stalker and getting other women to share comments of bad experiences with him (such as I now know that he likes to try and sneak off the condom during sex) and she's taking this to the powers that be at MySpace. I don't know why or what they can do but then, what do I know? I'm the only sane one reading their stuff. Since then, he has remained at the drive thru window on our Wednesdays over there. I'm not complaining. I feel safer being on the inside than the poor folks in drive thru that have him handling their food.

* This entry turned out longer than planned. I'm now feeling effervescent and chatty again. Something I haven't felt in over a week. I should go bother someone...or start working on front cover ideas for Sage's autobiography.

5 comments:

sage said...

I now know more than I ever needed to know about the Wendy's guy... however, I think one could do a great spoof on a soap opera that was centered around a certain Wendy's in eastern Michigan

do you want to write my autobiography too? I'll give you 10% of the royalities--that ought to get you at least a Wendy's single and ice water.

Murf said...

I'll definitely do the cover but I don't know about the full book, Sage. I have a feeling there are some stories that I am just better off not knowing. Besides, sometimes they charge 10 cents for water because it has to come in a cup. I may have to ask for 12%.

Ed said...

Little Ann and Old Dan have a more poetic feel to their names than Indiana. Plus, how many coons did Indiana tree at the National Coon Hunting Championship?

Can you post or email me Wendy Guy's link. i seem to have misplaced it.

Murf said...

Did you cry at the end of that book, Ed?

Ed said...

The first time I heard it, it was read to me by my sixth grade teacher and being a boy, you couldn't cry if you wanted to not get picked on later. I've since read it a time or two and probably got a little moist eyed but I wouldn't call it crying.