Hi Murf, I'm a part time poster/lurker on Sage's blog. Enjoy reading yours too. Saw this and just had to post. Me and and the husband lived near Birmingham straight out of college. When we moved into our house, the welcome wagon came over and literally introduced themselves by saying "the people that lived here before you were Jewish but we accepted them anyhow. At least you aren't black."
I'm No Angel - Thanks for commenting and welcome! Sounds like they aren't too different from my neighbors now. While talking with one about another who was attempting to sell his house last summer, this neighbor said, "I'm sure someone can Jew him down." I think I've only ever heard that phrase in the movies. I didn't think people actually said it.
7 comments:
I have a brother who lives near there. It's one of the closest places to hell temperature wise you will find in the United States.
sorry about your day Murf. I was there last summer for a meeting--my first time. Bone, in my blog list, lives somewhere near there.
Oh, and Kontan (also in my blog list) is from there.
Ed - That should make Big A happy. He already complains about MI temps.
Sage - Now that you've pointed that out, maybe I won't accept any job offers. :-)
what do you have against Bone and Kontan (she's even posted here before)
Hi Murf, I'm a part time poster/lurker on Sage's blog. Enjoy reading yours too. Saw this and just had to post. Me and and the husband lived near Birmingham straight out of college. When we moved into our house, the welcome wagon came over and literally introduced themselves by saying "the people that lived here before you were Jewish but we accepted them anyhow. At least you aren't black."
True story. Scary too.
Sage - Nothing. Bone's kinda hot.
I'm No Angel - Thanks for commenting and welcome! Sounds like they aren't too different from my neighbors now. While talking with one about another who was attempting to sell his house last summer, this neighbor said, "I'm sure someone can Jew him down." I think I've only ever heard that phrase in the movies. I didn't think people actually said it.
Post a Comment