Friday, May 4, 2007

It's now official

Our days of being a cat urine-free house is over (and what an enjoyable 42 days it was). Big A went and adopted his feline alterego last night. We pick him up today. Weight at the time that the cat arrived at the humane society 5 days ago: 25.6 pounds.

Surprisingly, we didn't have a hard time finding a litter box that met our criteria: Must be covered since one of Hooch's nicknames is 'The Fecal Feaster' and must have an opening large enough for four legged A (not to be confused with two legged A) to get in and out of. This one actually has a door that he can push open with his huge head. Here's hoping that he is smart enough to know how to use that feature for both entering and exiting the facilities. For the past 12 hours, I've had this image of him stuck in it.

Stay tuned to hear how Hooch and the behemoth get along.

9 comments:

sage said...

good luck! that's a huge cat, are you sure it ain't part bear

Ed said...

I hope you don't wake up in the middle of the night gasping for breath because a 25 pound cat is sitting on your chest watching you.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like one huge cat! Have fun! :)

Murf said...

Sage - Or the infamous Michigan panther people see once a year.

Ed - Thankfully he seems to prefer it in the basement and underneath the steps. Perfect!

Gee, thanks Tim. So far, I only have 4 scratches and numerous puncture wounds when I made the mistake of picking him up. Lesson learned.

sage said...

or the wolverine that has never existed in this state except the imitation that shows up at sporting events for a certain school over in your neck of the woods

Shan! said...

Somehow before I even read this I knew what it was going to say just from the title. I'm that good.

Shan! said...

P.S. We'll have to arrange a play date.

Snakeeater said...

A 26-lb cat. That's got to be closing in on some sort of record. Instead of going to Curves maybe you could just bench press the cat a few times each morning.

Murf said...

Shan! - We should. I think the previous owner had an other cat. So far, he's undecided on if he likes dogs or not.

Snake Eater - Are you crazy? I picked him up once and as I told two-legged A, never again. I got the wounds to prove it..of course my timing was off. I picked him up as Hooch came around the corner.