I think for the first time ever, not even in the days of Indiana and her following in the hopes of more food, I want to kick a cat.
The cat, who I currently don't have any affection for and will henceforth be called Fat A (I'll leave it to you as to if the A stands for his name or for 'ass'), came upstairs overnight. A very exciting development. Something that two legged A was very much looking forward to. He even jumped on the bed. He even dared to lay in Hooch's dog bed (Hooch was laying on the floor when this happened). He defied the 80 lb dog and continued to lay there until the discomfort of having his butt sniffed became more than the comfort of the dog bed. From that moment on, all night long, he meowed. Constantly. Stopping infrequently for 10 seconds which only gave me hope that it was over but no, it would then continue. He has food. He has water. I don't get it.
Due to a troublesome experience at work, I haven't really slept since Tuesday night. I was eager for Friday night so that I could be lazy and sleep until whenever on Saturday but that was not to be. I made sure that two legged A didn't get any sleep either and was well aware of my unhappiness at this turn of events and for good measure, I threw in the 'He gets one week' ultimatum. I thought that was pretty fair.
He's currently still at it. Big A called from work to see how things are going and he could tell that it wasn't going well and he could hear Fat A in the background meowing. Currently, he is still on Team Fat A but I have a feeling that come Monday night and this is still happening, Big A will finally be on Team Murf.
5 comments:
I would put him out the back door, along with his food dish so he knows not to run off (a cat's home is where his food is).
I'd drug him---tranquilizers are wonderful for animals--I had a cat who did that whenever we were riding--and I once drove across the country with crying all the way. I about went nuts, but didn't go to sleep.
You guys aren't helping a potential cat kicker. ;-)
I should tell you the story of the time I put the cat in the freezer because it was annoying me. The guys were playing poker and it kept meowing and chewing on our socks so I stuck it in the freezer for a few seconds but forgot about it. Only after my roommate came home did we remember it.
We pulled it out of the freezer and tried to revive it but weren't having any luck. One of my buddies got some gas out of the gas can with a turkey baster and was waving it in front of the cat's nose but accidentally squirted some in.
The cat took off at a full run tearing around the apartment at full speed. We tried catching it for about five minutes but were unable to. It finally ran about three fourth of the way up the curtains and then froze. The dang cat hung there for about thirty seconds and then just fell off.
P.S. The cat was out of gas.
Post a Comment