Sunday, May 20, 2007

Sage's autobiography book covers

As it happens with many things, I'm not sure how Sage's entry of last week got me razzing him about writing an autobiography but to save him some time should he decide to, I came up with a few mock ups for prospective front covers (and here's hoping it doesn't change his view of witty people):

#1
This title is a play on the book 'Walking Across America' which surprised Sage that I had read. The subtitle is a bow to his prowess with both females and fish.

#2
This title is a shout out to all of the books that he reads that are about journeys. This made both me and Big A laugh out loud. Me because I guess my dark side is entertained at the thought of a confused Sage standing in the woods, lost. Big A because he was just laughing at me.

My favorite of them all (which even produced a compliment for me from Big A):

#3
For anyone that has read his blog longer than a week, I don't think this title needs much explanation (although the picture might which was the blogging highlight of 2006 for me).

9 comments:

sage said...

These are great!!! Thanks, I'm laughing too hard to type.

Murf said...

My pleasure! Boy, the things I do when I should be in church, eh? :-)

The Mistress of the Dark said...

My vote goes for number 3! Though they are all great!

sage said...

yeah Murf, I thought you were going to go to church this week and atone for your sins

btw, that first bookcover might should have a little scout with wings walking down the road (or maybe that'll be for my book on my experiences blogging. I'll see what I can come up with...

Murf said...

God obviously had other plans for me yesterday morning, Sage. :-)

I was thinking that for the back cover, you should do what Nora Roberts and Danielle Steel (and perhaps others that I am unaware of) do which is put a picture of yourself over the full thing so you make people open it to read the flaps if they want to know what it's about.

sage said...

Murf, I hate not being able to read about the book on the back page--which is one reason I haven't read any Nora Roberts or Danielle Steel's books

Murf said...

Yes, I'm sure that is the reason.

I've checked...your beloved Nicholas Sparks does that as well.

sage said...

and I only read one of Mr. Spark's books and I can say that I was "endeared" to him

Kevin Stilley said...

These are great!