Thursday, September 18, 2008

Question of the Day

Since today is casual day at work, I decided to wear one of my Obama shirts in. I also have a zip-up sweatshirt too so it's not so in-your-face but people are still noticing. Once she spotted it, my coworker, a die-hard Republican I've learned, proceeded to ask me what I thought of the Democrats handling of Fannie Mae. I'm not getting in a debate with her so I just laughed and said I didn't care what they did as long as my bank was fine but it got me thinking. I know the recent help that AIG received was probably needed since they touched many more facets of people's life than Fannie and Freddie did but what do you think of the government helping some of these companies?

3 comments:

sage said...

Can I plea "conflict of interest?"

I don't like it! Yet, I don't like AIG going down. Furthermore, I think they should have never been allowed to get as big as they are now. I also don't like the control we have lost on trading, and it's interesting that the "deregularators" are now calling for regulation.

Red Star said...

tell that Palin punk to shut her face ...ha! ....(yes... I'm childish today)

Ed said...

I think those companies made their own beds and now should have been allowed to lay in them. So should all the people with bad homeloans.