Sunday, September 21, 2008

Toys From The Past: The Sunshine Family

Christmas after Christmas, I always asked Santa for the Barbie Townhouse with the working elevator to no avail. I did, however, get The Sunshine Family and their open-air vinyl house which saw a lot of playtime along with their corresponding Jeep. While taking these pictures, I was reminded of a career that I would love to have. If you ever browse through children's books, some of them, such as Barbie, display the actual dolls in the photographs. I'd love to be the one that sets all that up. How great would that be to get paid for playing with toys?


This is the mother, baby and grandmother. The mother's name is Steffie and the baby is Sweets (they came with these names). I'm not sure if Grandma ever had a name or not but if she did, I cringe at the thought of what it may have been.

********


This is Grandpa, working the fireplace. He resembles what I think Sage will look like in 20 years.


********


This is the father, Steven, in the lone bedroom with the bed whose frame I had broken oh so long ago. I did find the headboard and one post but still couldn't quite make it work.

********


The patio.


********


The evil neighborhood cat coming in to knock down the vinyl house.

********


The evil neighborhood cat holding the family hostage in the patio.

********


A group portrait of the Sunshine family. I'm not sure why Steven is shirtless or where his shirt even is in this day and age. It wasn't with the rest of their stuff.

********


This is the Sunshine Family meets the Sunshine Fun Family. If I were the original family, I'd be ticked that this new group got tagged as the fun one. Again, I'm not sure where this guy's shirt is either. Sometimes I scare myself.


Coming up: Wrapping it up with the Miscellaneous Toys.

2 comments:

sage said...

why is it that I knew you were going to say something about me when I saw the photo of grandpa? Of course, he has more hair, but what hair I have isn't turning gray

Murf said...

Yet. We'll see how many you have in 20 years. :-)