After playing with this for a bit, I packed it up and gave it to a friend's 4 year old daughter. This was the only thing that I was torn about giving away but I knew it wasn't one of my 'favorites' that I wanted to keep and I didn't want to hold onto it in the hopes of having a child one day who would play with it. I still felt a bit weird about it but my friend told me again today that her daughter has played with it every day since she brought it home. Knowing that makes the decision to give it away a bit better. I just hope my younger brother doesn't tell me that he wants it back.
Friday, September 19, 2008
Toys From The Past: The Tree People
I got The Treehouse and the family that lived there later in childhood and it may have actually been more for my younger brother who loved little people but I enjoyed playing with it back in the day and somehow I ended up with it (although I did give him back all of his wrestling "action figures" from the 80's - Hulk Hogan, Junkyard Dog et al).

The Treehouse. I wouldn't mind living in such a place especially since it had a working elevator. It's kind of like the Ingalls family living in the mound of dirt by the banks of Plum Creek. This treehouse even has a one car garage which my current house doesn't even have!
********

Here's the little mother where she belongs - the kitchen.
********

Here's the girl on the swing and the boy in the lone bedroom that has only two beds which I never noticed until now. Ah the naivety of youth.
********

Here's Pops watching TV and the dog with his own little doghouse/bush. I wonder if he ever forgets that it's his home and accidentally urinates on the outside of it.
After playing with this for a bit, I packed it up and gave it to a friend's 4 year old daughter. This was the only thing that I was torn about giving away but I knew it wasn't one of my 'favorites' that I wanted to keep and I didn't want to hold onto it in the hopes of having a child one day who would play with it. I still felt a bit weird about it but my friend told me again today that her daughter has played with it every day since she brought it home. Knowing that makes the decision to give it away a bit better. I just hope my younger brother doesn't tell me that he wants it back.
After playing with this for a bit, I packed it up and gave it to a friend's 4 year old daughter. This was the only thing that I was torn about giving away but I knew it wasn't one of my 'favorites' that I wanted to keep and I didn't want to hold onto it in the hopes of having a child one day who would play with it. I still felt a bit weird about it but my friend told me again today that her daughter has played with it every day since she brought it home. Knowing that makes the decision to give it away a bit better. I just hope my younger brother doesn't tell me that he wants it back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow, as soon as I saw the top picture I realized that I had one of those as a kid. I don't remember playing with it but I remember clear as day that we had one and the elevator worked. Perhaps it met the same in as most of my little people.
Whoever excavates the old homestead is going to be really freaked out by what they find.
I don't remember the tree house at all--just mainly the little people and their cars
I'm not surprised, Sage. This was well past your era. ;-)
The Bear has a very similar tree house, but with Winnie the Pooh characters. After looking at the photos I'm inclined to think the Pooh tree house is a descendant of this one.
Post a Comment