Monday, September 15, 2008

Toys From The Past: Revisiting my Little People Part I

What better way to spend a windy, rainy Sunday than climbing under the basement steps, inhaling 2 year old drywall dust as well as other forms of dust bunnies to relive the past. Today's feature will be my Fisher Price Little People of yesteryear. Enjoy!

The Little People crib from the front. There's some weird brown stains on the siding and the doorbell no longer works but overall, I'd say it was in decent shape.

********


This is the crib from the back. I'm guessing they live in a gated community or a pretty safe neighborhood seeing as their back door opening to the garage is missing the door.

********


On the ground floor is the kitchen with the adult female ready to start cooking part of the family's dinner. On the second floor is the master bedroom. I'm not sure if this was a subliminal message from my parents but my Little People collection did not feature a double (or larger) bed. Only twin beds. But then again, having the baby in the room is probably a real mood killer.

********


This is the kids room with the brother looking grumpy because he has to share with his sister and below, the living room. This was back in the day when having a working, exposed fireplace and an unattended baby in the same room was fine.

********


Here is a shot of Pops lounging with the dog while BBQing near the one car garage. Please note that he is using a charcoal grill. That's how old this stuff is. Who uses that anymore?


Coming up tomorrow: Part II of the Little People little people

5 comments:

sage said...

I don't remember seeing a lounge chair for those people... As for who uses charcoal, I think you know the answer :)

btw, I posted a book review last night that you might find easier to get into than Craig Childs--but about the same area--it's more expensive, however, as it has many photos

Murf said...

I should have used a pen and scribbled in a beard and made it Sage-like.

Ed said...

I had no idea Little People had houses and furniture! The only Little People that I remember came in a school bus. I always wondered why a Little People with a beard and cowboy hat were riding a school bus.

Murf said...

And toilets! That treat will be in tomorrow's entry.

Hill Billy Rave said...

I use a charcoal myself.