Whenever I drive by churches that like to post catchy little sayings on their sign out front, I've always wanted to remember them to share them here but usually I forget them about 5 blocks passed except for the one that has been up forever, telling passerbys that if they feel like a basket case, so was Moses. This morning, while coming to work via a route I rarely take, I saw one that was rather creative:
ENCOUNTERING THE SON WILL PREVENT BURNING - courtesy of the New Testament Baptist Church
7 comments:
Cute, but I have a problem with those who hold to the idea that the only purpose of religion is to provide a fire escape. It seems to cheapen Jesus' message of abundant life into a fear and an insurance policy.
I liked this sign because it's playing on all of the 'stay out of the SUN or you will get burned' warnings. I prefer to follow that rule of thumb than this sign. Call me crazy. ;-)
So witty.
Makes me want to go to church...
not.
I know, Shan. You prefer to pray to your porcelain god. :o)
Those kinds of signs often do have interesting play on words.
It ain't the Son that will burn you in the encounter...its everyone else that will be there with you that will
char -broil you. I think of a room full of Dana Carvey's Church lady characters, all ticked off and carrying a big BBQ forks...
I agree with shan!
But yes, a cute saying.
I saw one this weekend that said, "If you think it is hot now..."
Post a Comment