Friday, August 24, 2007

Four signs I am becoming more fiscally like Ed Abbey the Blogger as I age

1. I now buy Purex because it's about half the price of Tide and doesn't all detergent get clothes clean no matter if it's $2.50 or $5?

2. I find myself standing in the grocery store aisle, figuring out the price per ounce of the larger and smaller item and seeing which is cheaper per ounce - one large or two small.

3. I've stopped buying salad-in-a-bag because I got tired of having to pick out the lettuce with the brown edges. Instead, I buy the heads of lettuce and cut them up for my salads. Plus a head of lettuce is like 99 cents. (I don't know if this is an Ed thing but it sounds like him to be against salad-in-a-bag when it's just as easy to chop up a head of lettuce, shred a little carrot, etc.)

4. Our TV has a built in tuner and we're seriously considering getting rid of cable television. This is a huge deal if you knew how much I loved the Food Network, Orange County Choppers and all the home renovation shows. Not that I really make all the recipes I see, ride a motorcycle or renovate my home but still...what if I miss a big development in the world of baking or house flipping?

3 comments:

Ed said...

You've pegged me wrong on the first two things because when it comes to shopping, I hardly ever look at prices.

I do however by head lettuce just because I can peel the outer leaves and throw them away. Can't do that with bag lettuce.

I really really missed cable when we got rid of it for about one week and after that I haven't missed it all. You find other hobbies.

Murf said...

There no way the first two can be wrong. You actually buy Tide?!?

Correction: I'll finally have a hobby? :-p

sage said...

And what might your hobby be? And do we really want to know? And Orange County Choppers--they're really getting desperate to find new shows for all those cable channels.