Friday, August 3, 2007

If you want to soar with the eagles in the morning, you can't hoot with the owls all night

I think this heat wave (it's an official one..anything more than 3 days of 90+ temperatures makes it a heat wave...see, you can learn things from watching TV) is either making people batty or it just brings out people who do questionable things. I'm always a little leery of people who are out walking around at 6 a.m. on a weekday and not wearing workout wear or are not near a bus stop. This morning, I saw a guy and who I think may have been a girl coming out of a darkened side street in the middle of our faux downtown area where nothing is open. About a few blocks down, I saw a woman walking on the sidewalk and she didn't seem to be swerving to miss the working sprinklers that were watering the grass and the sidewalk. A few yards further, there was a guy standing in the road but near the curb of the median (where he could easily be hit), jumping up and down and doing something with his hands in the air whenever a car passed. No one stopped to see if he needed help. Perhaps because he was wearing a Sage-like headband, we all just assumed he was nuts. I guess that blows my theory of people in workout wear and walking around at 6 a.m. being on the up and up.

2 comments:

Ed said...

If you want to see a really really diverse cross section of life, I suggest going into Wal-Mart after ten o'clock in the evening. Other than evidently being required to shop in sweat pants, anything goes.

Murf said...

That would make a great initiation to Wal-Mart for Big A. He's always wanted to go to the one in town.